One of my favorite topics from the vault! Enjoy!
When you’re blue, think about food.
I am so bored with the whole “food is the enemy” advertising that we have to watch every single bit of it that goes in to our mouths. Even at McDonald’s they have the calorie counts listed. Every moment of eating is a decision, a fleeting moment of guilt for many people. What happened to food helping you feel good. What’s so wrong with that? When the therapist runs off, the friends are busy, the husband is away, we can indulge, even for a day. Be good to ourselves. Here’s another way to look at: FREE FOOD! FREE YOURSELF!
Below are some of my favorite comfort foods, when it’s up to us to comfort our own selves and be good to us. This can take many forms, but I’m focusing on food. I took some ideas from There Goes the Bride: Making Up Your Mind, Calling it Off and Moving On. I don’t know what’s in these foods, if some are even considered “food”, but enjoy anyway. Whether you’re feeling blue because of a job, money, a girl, a guy, your health, your dog, your parents, your neighbor, or your parole officer, throw caution to the wind for:
1. Mac N Cheese with bits of cornbread sprinkled on top
2. Pour a cup of instant mashed potatoes into a bowl. Cover with a can of mushroom soup and a little water. Microwave for 90 seconds. Fast and filling. (TGTB)
3. Grilled cheese sandwich (make sure the bread is Rye)
4. McDonald’s french fries (TGTB)
5. Stew in a crockpot (TGTB)
6. Popeyes two piece chicken w/2 biscuits or chicken biscuit sandwich
7. Doritos and salsa (TGTB)
8. Cookie dough ice cream
9. Margarita (3 please)
10. Take out! (preferably the traditional fried rice w/chicken and curry puffs from the Thai spot)