Or are they? An open relationship is when both the man and woman are seeing other people. Here are some benefits:
1) Flexibility in time–no one has to be anywhere with anyone. If you have a date for Saturday, it may or may not happen because it all depends on what is going on with the others in the relationship. But when you do, it’s usually scheduled days in advance to allow you free time to do other things
2) Variety–you can meet other people “just in case” the person doesn’t work out, you’re not wasting your time
3) Communication–it’s clear where you stand, you’re either 1, 2, 3. No questions, no problems
4) Freedom–you can call it off at anytime. It was open, not closed!
5) Companionship–no matter what, you’ll always have someone to call on
(This differs very much from a “complicated” relationships. Complicated relationships are where the two haven’t admitted it was open. I would stay away from these folks–drama.)
Below are the disadvantages of open relationships:
1) Inconsistency–you never know where you are and what you’re doing and that leads to changed plans at the last minute; sex happens when the two can fit it in. It may be happening every night for a week, then a dry spell comes along for days, maybe weeks.
2) Money–it’s expensive paying for stuff and buying new outfits to keep looking good
3) Too many partners–hope you have stock in condoms and contraception
4) Ego issues–everyone wants to be top dog, fighting for limited space and time
5) Lonliness–that person is never quite “all there” when you need them
Can an alpha be in an open relationship? It happens if she wants to. Better be sure she has an objective. It’s not about right or wrong, but winning. So, save the self esteem jibberish. Never underestimate this woman or identify her with common female issues. If she is in one, she’s going to be ruling the roost. Unfortunately, some folks find themselves in open relationships without knowing it.