Months ago I was asked by a subscriber if Wendy Williams-Hunter was an alpha female?
I told them I had to think. Well I thunk. As a former guest on her radio show in Sept 2005 to discuss my book Marry Your Baby Daddy, I have to attest to her versatility and growing empire. She’s not exactly my “Oprah” but there’s just something there. Here’s what I came up with:
Why Wendy is an alpha female:
1) She controls her brand and any interview (on radio, still watching her on tv) and becomes the story, instead of her guest (smart move!)
2) She has multiple platforms. She has books, radio, and television. An alpha female marks her territory.
3) She surprises. You never know what she will say, look like, or do.
4) She had a rough start, fell a few times, and got back up. Every alpha female has battle scars. But still she rises.
5) She enters the room, like “hello, world!” and not “hello, world?” If you’ve been reading this site, then you know what I mean. Wendy has always been Wendy. At least that is what it seems. But perception rules over reality.
Now, there could be reasons why we would want to re-consider this nomination if you’ve read the rumors about marital, work, and issues with certain celebrities. But I nominate her.
Yay or Nay?