EditorCreator of Alphanista®, award-winning author and tv/radio social commentator Maryann Reid has been featured by countless media outlets including USA Today, Essence, Glamour, The CBS Early Show, and The Wendy Williams Experience.
She is an expert wordsmith and has a plethora of connections with women all over the world from her travels to Europe and The Caribbean, and is a popular guest lecturer at colleges, where she has taught her writing and business skills to groups who want to lead their ideal life on their own terms.
Maryann has been profiled in The New Yorker, Newsweek, Oprah.com, and NBC Nightly News for her innovative approach to life and solving its complex issues, including creating the uber-landmark event Marry Your Baby Daddy Day. This event originated from her third book, Marry Your Baby Daddy (St Martins Press, 2005) that was optioned by Hollywood actress Holly Robinson-Peete and Dolores Robinson.
As an author and professional speaker, Maryann has gathered a diverse roster of credentials and affiliations:
- Author of several books and short stories by St Martins Press and Penguin Putnam
- Selected to train and direct Emirati students on professional development, leadership, teamwork and communications under The Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 Project
- Published her first book, Sex and the Single Sister (St Martins Press) at 25 years old in two weeks
- Lecturer at various universities including St John’s University and Fordham University in NYC in Creative Writing and Business Communications
- Philanthropist, referred to as the “Oprah of Brooklyn”, for her work arranging all-expenses paid weddings for loving moms and dads, via her event Marry Your Baby Daddy Day
- Expert and social commentator on top-rated nationally syndicated radio shows like NPR’s Fresh Air, The Michael Baisden Show, Fox News Radio, CBS Radio, The Gayle King Show on Oprah Radio, etc
- Invited by USATODAY to write a novella, Single Black Female, for the acclaimed Open Book section of their website
Since her debut book Sex and the Single Sister, Maryann has been invited to speak to some of the most innovative groups all over the country and has received over 20 million media impressions worldwide via major news outlets like ABC News 20/20, NBC Nightly News and CNN.
Maryann received her BA in Journalism from Fordham and developed her writing and love for news at CNN. She later received her MFA in Creative Writing from the University of Miami on a full scholarship. Recently, she moved to Florida from Abu Dhabi, where she lived for a year.
Maryann is available for consulting and coaching at Books & Buzz. Maryann welcomes ideas, collaboration and is currently learning Ruby on Rails to build a new product. Currently, she is Executive Editor of Alphanista Publishing & Enterprises, LLC where she publishes books under the Alphanista brand. Her website is www.maryannreidinc.com.
maryann at alphanista dot com